KKD R-EVOLVE is a specialized coating based on a ceramic polymer technology. The chemical composition contains individual silicon ceramic base molecules. As the carrier solvent evaporates and the deposited film is exposed to moisture, the individual molecules begin to transform such that the temporary bond to the surface is converted to a permanent, covalent bond whilst the individual base molecules interlink to form a cross-linked network. The final chemical composition of the cured R-EVOLVE coating is a silicon/nitrogen hybrid which has many similarities to silicon nitride ceramic, a material used by NASA for the construction of rocket engine nozzles. When fully cured, R-EVOLVE has the following attributes:
– it is extremely hard providing excellent scratch resistance
– it has a low co-efficient of drag, meaning that abrasive particles are inclined to slide over the film, rather than catch and mark and cause marring
– Strong hydrophobic behavior which inhibits the bonding of contamination and soiling
– Exceptional resistance to heat. In practice, heat will only act to strengthen the cross-linked network
– Extreme chemical resistance, more so than the underlying surface.
Instructions for use:
Shake well before use. Apply in light even strokes with suitable lint free applicator . It is important not to over apply and spread out any excess product. R-EVOLVE will become tacky as it dries and should be allowed to dry fully before buffing. The product will be fully weatherproof within 6 hours of application and continue to cure for a period of up to 30 days dependant on weather conditions. Any errors in application should be corrected within 10 minutes to avoid the natural repellency inhibiting the application of further product. Expected coverage is approximately 5ml per wheel but will vary depending on design etc.
Not suitable for matt wheel finishes